Katie is my shortened, given name. Katydids are pretty cool bugs. I'm not really into bugs and I go by "mommy" a whole lot more than I do Katie. This site is dedicated to accomplishing all things mommy/woman/human. So when people want to know who DID..................... I can say Mommy DID!

June 21, 2011

Well...um...I don't know!

I don't know about the rest of the country, but Rawlins Wyoming knew it was the first day of Summer. It was warm and lovely and the perfect day to be outside. Unfortunately, the Friend family spent most of their day inside. We were able to make up for it after dinner though. I taught Laura how to pull a weed, Dylan had fun climbing around and jumping in front of the hose water. The kids even drank from the hose...you would think they have never done anything before! Anyway, it was a blast and we got a ton of work done.




Now, I need some help. There are a couple of plants in the yard that I just can't identify and am hoping someone might know what they are. I'm thinking the bushy type plant (that smells like sage) might be a blue sage. The only thing is the "deadness" that was there when we moved in, looks like there were flowers on the bush. Anyway, if you have an idea what either of these plants are, feel free to comment. Maybe together we can figure out what they are. I would like to be able to tell my kids what they are since they all have asked about them.

Maybe you have a plant in your yard that you don't know about. Share with us....Mommy DID!








3 comments:

  1. well i am no help! I have no idea what they are called but they look really cool I wonder if they will grow here .... yeah i know nothing grows here good luck huh.... some type of ferns is my guess LOL sorry and yes it was warm here yesterday too susanville motors sign said 95 but not sure it was really that high

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one looks like salvia, kind of a lavender type blossom. Not sure about the second, but once those buds bloom, post photos again, maybe someone will recognize those. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mo! I hadn't thought about Salvia! Good thinking...that's what it is I think. The leaves are a sage green rather than a dark green. I will keep you posted on that plant. As for the other....I know what it is now. I will post about it! :)

    ReplyDelete